Poetry Reading

 Here is a link to my presentation on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6yMriYVRKwE

Comments

  1. The part where you talked about the "I don't play football" shirts is really interesting. It honestly reminds me of Uni. For a school that tries so hard to put diversity at its forefront, no more black teachers have been hired, and the count of black students also remains stagnant. The stereotype still remains that black students are there to fill a diversity quota rather than deserving to be there like the other classmates. Sometimes I think a shirt should be made "I passed the SSAT too".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, your parallel to Uni makes sense to me (unfortunately), we hear about a strive for diversity and not a lot of changes are made. This perpetuates the feeling of being accepted into uni based on a quota and only that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Identity in Invisible Man

Richard is a Good Boy

Native Son: Bigger's Awareness